Tempered Hardboard is a wood panel material that is manufactured from Eucalyptus timber species and water-resistant synthetic resins to comply with AS 1859.4, Tempered hardboard is a tough high-density building board with superior strength. The fine, densely bonded, wood fibre structure of Tempered hardboard is resistant to abrasion and sufficiently durable for use in semi-protected exterior applications.
Whilst tempered hardboard retains the smooth face surface and fine wire screen back of other Hardboard products, it is characterised by its distinctive dark hard face surface. The smooth surface quality provides an excellent base for paint finishing with most industrial and domestic coatings. Furthermore, hardboard is utilised for different applications which includes, furniture, bedrooms, and other modern designs.
Tempered hardboard has a wide range of applications, especially where there are requirements for superior indent resistance, lasting performance and aesthetic stylishness.
- Interior lining of timber or metal-framed walls and ceilings in workshops, garages and in industrial orcommercial premises.
- Cabinet construction, industrial shelving and work bench surfacing, shop fitting.
- Door Skins for surface flush panel doors, for use in moisture areas.
- Surfacing of concrete form boards and formwork for landscaping.
- Floor surfacing, particularly in the restoration of old buildings, dance/stage and theatre floors.
- Seat backing and interior side and floor panels for transport and industrial vehicles.
Pegboard is a perforated hardboard panel used extensively in the domestic, retail and shop fitting industries. Originally designed for use as a storage solution, Pegboard is a highly adaptable product and is fully supported with a wide range of system-driven hooks and shelving accessories. Safe to cut and machine, Pegboard is highly durable, has a smooth surface, commercially applied matt white undercoat and offers acoustic benefits.
Furthermore, pegboard is utilised for different applications which includes, garages, office space, residentual or commercial walls, kitchens, and workshops.
Durability: Caneite Softboard has good durability. It will be damaged if subjected to high impact loads. Thermal insulation value is reduced if the board gets wet.
Fire Resistance: The contribution to the fire resistance of a structure is proportional to the thickness of the board. For example 13mm insulating board will contribute 15 minutes fire resistance when used as lining to wall or partition and 10 minutes when used as a ceiling